Friday, April 22, 2016

My Experience : Breast Feeding ... Eat Local... Bond with Mother and Child... Formula.....

                                           

During my most recent pregnancy , I thought it would be great to try breastfeeding. My husband had wanted me to go that route with our first child but at that time I never did any research and was prepared that. She was only formula fed. Now with our second child, I did lots of research.


I found +Facebook groups so that I could learn from others. And take there knowledge with me and we are already a month into breastfeeding and I am still learning. I purchased a book from +Amazon.com that  was  Great Expections : The Essential Guide to Breastfeeding.   I really found this book to very useful, as it touches on the correct way to breastfeed, as well information about Thrush and other matters. 

This really was a eye opener for me , as I was so many things I didn't know when I had my first daughter.  I read a few chapter's into the book above. Before baby girl wanted to arrive early. But with the basic knowledge I gained from my mom and her friend. As well as reading this book I was able to grasp the c- shape while breast feeding. 

Our second daughter decided to arrive about 3 weeks, We are latching really well, and she does fall sleep. But the best news is that she gaining a lot of weight. I am not a fully breastfeeding at this time. Possibly eventually I will just focus on that. But I am most worried about her continuing to gain weight so she is getting breast milk as well as formula.

Apart of being a breast feeding parent, I have also been pumping with my electric breast pump and manual breast pump. It is a great way to save some milk for milk baths if it goes bad. To help feed your baby when your sick. When you are pregnant you can get a script from your OBGYN. And you get a free electric breast pump. This is a quicker way to get your breast to remove excess milk and bring up your hind milk.  

During the first weeks , her poor toes were always getting blood withdrawn. For NJ state test they do which requires 5 blood samples. And with numerous tests to check for Jaundice , our poor baby has been though it all.  We had to be the in hospital for the UV light to help clear her Jaundice. 

Through the breast feedings and lots of bonding and doing skin to skin we are so close.   I had always hoped that I would have this bond with our child. With my first, I suffered postpartum . And it took a long time to get out of that.  

But for now , I just wanted to share my experience with breast feeding and the great book that I found helpful. 



       


No comments:

Post a Comment