Saturday, April 23, 2016

Recipe : Mussel Meat with Garlic Sauce with Linguine Pasta

               

                             
My Version



Recently, we have a family friend visit and we have a mussel meat meal. I took a few notes about how she prepared the meal. And when I made my version of it . I used a 2 of the tricks she showed me. 

I was looking for a recipe on how to make mussel meat in a garlic sauce. I found the LazyPasta.com. Here is my version of this meal. Original recipe is below.  

What you will need :
2 Pound Bag of Mussel Meat ( Frozen) 
Wondra ( Thickening Powder )
Linguine Pasta  ( Ronzoni I used ) 
Dried Parsley ( if you have fresh you can use that as well )
White Wine or White Wine with Lemon
Lemon Juice 
Salt  & Pepper
 Garlic - 3 heads
Olive Oil


How to Prepare it : 
  1. Thaw out your frozen Mussel Meat leave in package til ready to cook.
  2. Heat pan with olive oil and sliced or minced garlic. Let the garlic brown
  3. Add mussel meat only to pan 
  4. sprinkle some lemon juice on mussel meat
  5. Continue to cook on Medium heat and mix everything around
  6. Add salt and pepper 
  7. Add 1/4 Cup of White Wine or White Wine with lemon ( For more sauce you can double the amount of wine ) Be sure to cook off wine taste to meal.
  8. Sprinkle dried parley all over the mussel meat mixture in pan.  
  9. Add Wondra in pan and mix around to help thicken up the meal til you reach the thickness you like. Be sure to taste your sauce along the way. 
  10. Boil Water in separate pan with salt  , wait til it comes to boil . Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes for Al Dente Pasta.  
  11. Drain pasta after cooked , sprinkle olive oil . 
  12. Serve Up in your favorite bowl or plate. 
  13. DON'T FORGET that yummy sauce. 
I hope you will enjoy this meal as much as my family and I did. 


Here is the recipe I found prior to composing my changes as listed above : .lazypasta.com

If you have never heard of Wondra. Here is a link to view and learn more about it : http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wondra-Quick-Mixing-All-Purpose-Flour-13.5-oz/10311367
  

No comments:

Post a Comment